Isle of Hope UMC Summer Intern Job Description
Applications are due by April 15th, 2017
Purpose: Serve as a support system for both Student Ministries, as well as the youth within the group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as
needed in support of ministry objectives.
To serve as a support system, some of the duties of a summer inter are both administrative as well as relational:
- Attending weekly youth group on Sundays
- Help facilitate weekly youth gatherings. This includes, but is not limited to, the game, activity, worship lesson, etc.
- Active involvement in Sunday School. This includes, but is not limited to assisting with worship, announcements, sitting with students during the Sunday School hour.
- Participate in youth activities and trips (i.e. Vacation Bible School, Lake Junaluska, Deep Creek, etc.) If an event or trip involves transportation, the intern may be asked to help transport students in his or her personal vehicle.
- Attending Weekly Staff Meetings
- Contacting Students and/or parents about upcoming events, trips, etc. via email, phone, social media, etc.
- Everyday office tasks (answering phones, making copies, assisting in planning and organizing trips and events)
- Building and maintaining relationships with students. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Calling/Texting Students Weekly
- Meeting with Students at Church
- Taking Students to Lunch
- Organizing Activities Outside of Our Weekly Youth Gatherings (i.e. bowling trips, laser tag, etc.)
- Praying for Students Weekly
- Mentoring Students
- The youth intern supervises will either supervise middle or high school students.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
The purpose of the Youth Ministry Program at IOHUMC is to create a community where students can connect with Christ so they can become rooted in Him, filled with His Spirit, and be prepared to sow into the lives of others. The skills that are required of the youth intern to help carry out this purpose and make Student Ministries at Isle of Hope UMC a success are:
- That he or she must have a passion and desire to work with middle and high school students and their parents.
- The intern must additionally be committed to building and maintaining relationships with these students and parents.
- The intern must also have a knowledge and be willing to abide by IOHUMC’s Safe Sanctuary Policies.
- Additional skills include individuals being able to discuss with, pray for, and be a Godly example to our students.
- 40-50 hours a week
Please fill out an application and return it to email@example.com. An application can be found here!