Our Theme Verse for 2016-17
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY 2016 CONNECTING WITH PARENTS
If we are not intentionally partnering, then most of what we do is fairly irrelevant in the spiritual life of the child. Children’s ministry is family ministry; family ministry is children’s ministry.
In the end, both parents and those of us in the church are guides. Of course, we need to do all we can to influence children in their faith – and what we do (or don’t do) most definitely influences them toward a HEART For God.
The children and youth programs of the Isle of Hope United Methodist Church exist to promote spiritual growth within an environment that connects, equips, prays, and serves.
- That every child & youth understands that he/she is a sacred creation loved by God and the Church
- To help children and youth make responsible choices about their own behavior.
- To provide a system of non-verbal and logical consequences for use by teachers and counselors to foster good behavior.
Features of our Children’s program:
- Preschool, and upper elementary children will be using Sparkhouse curriculum. Creating a kid-friendly bible centered learning experience. Prek Through 2nd grade will continue with the Godly Play Curriculum. Exploring their faith through story, and enhancing their spiritual experience though wonder and play.
- Team–teaching method that places 3 – 5 teachers in each class for a more personalized learning experience.
- Learning environment that offers the best equipment, resources and staff.