Our Theme Verse for 2017-2018
“Let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.”
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY 2017 CONNECTING WITH PARENTS
If we are not intentionally partnering, then most of what we do is fairly irrelevant in the spiritual life of the child. Children’s ministry is family ministry; family ministry is children’s ministry.
In the end, both parents and those of us in the church are guides. Of course, we need to do all we can to influence children in their faith – and what we do (or don’t do) most definitely influences them toward a HEART For God.
The children and youth programs of the Isle of Hope United Methodist Church exist to promote spiritual growth within an environment that connects, equips, prays, and serves.
- That every child & youth understands that he/she is a sacred creation loved by God and the Church
- To help children and youth make responsible choices about their own behavior.
- To provide a system of non-verbal and logical consequences for use by teachers and counselors to foster good behavior.
Features of our Children’s program:
- Preschool, and upper elementary children will be using Sparkhouse curriculum. Creating a kid-friendly bible centered learning experience. Prek Through 2nd grade will continue with the Godly Play Curriculum. Exploring their faith through story, and enhancing their spiritual experience though wonder and play.
- Team–teaching method that places 3 – 5 teachers in each class for a more personalized learning experience.
- Learning environment that offers the best equipment, resources and staff.
Let Your Light Shine in Sunday School
Our Sunday school teachers who minister in the classroom are dedicated, caring, and committed Christian role models, beyond parents and pastors. They introduce children to the great Biblical dramas, connecting God’s Story with their own. They teach children prayers, showing them how God speaks to them and through them. They sing with children, and inspire creativity through crafts and activities. They love the children and encourage them as Jesus taught “To love one another”. Sunday school is a place of nurture. A place where, children are taught and shown that God loves them more than they can ever imagine, and that Jesus is with them, always.
Our 2017-18 Sunday Teachers
2, 3’s & PreK 4 Year Olds: Clark Alexander, Linda Sims & Triece Ziblut
Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd Grade – Godly Play: Julie Allen, Kathy Crosby, Mimi Jones, Katie Kelley, Lauren Martin, Christy Odom, Katherine Slagel, & Susan Smith
3rd Grade: Steve & Angie Seymour, Holly Simmons, Zeb Treece & Kathleen Wilson
4th & 5th Grade: Clark Floyd, JoAnn & James Hagan, Andi & Greg McKeever & Ashley Stutzman