Arts From the Island of Isle of Hope UMC
A self-supporting arts outreach ministry that promotes missions and spiritual growth. Its goals are:
- Support the stated purpose and mission of Isle of Hope UMC, and tap into its unique passion for outreach.
- Send music and other arts groups outside of the church, seeking to make a difference in the lives of others through both service and the sharing of talent.
- Open the lives of our musicians and artists to God’s transformative power as we experience God’s grace working in difficult circumstances.
Arts From the Island is committed to feeding spiritually hungry people in our community – those frequenting homeless shelters, those in nursing homes, those in health-care facilities – through music and arts programs. If you have a passion for music and the arts and want to share God’s love through them, we invite you to join us. If you have an idea for sharing God’s love through music and the arts, we invite you to contact us.
View our Arts from the Island Newsletter
Community Outreach Relationships
- Inner City Night Shelter – Mission teams from our church serve dinner here on the second Sunday each month. Small music ensembles provide music during the meal.
- Nursing Homes – In addition to the Ladies’ Chorus monthly trips on Tuesday mornings, other ensembles of various types and sizes visit assisted living facilities once monthly, usually on the 4th Saturday.
- Old Savannah City Mission – The Men’s Chorus sometimes brings music and a message on Sunday evenings during the hour before dinner is served.
- Savannah Baptist Center – Our church has become the sponsor of their annual Christmas Luncheon, scheduled this year for December 10th. After presenting our Christmas Cantata in their sanctuary, we provide lunch for the guests in their social hall.
- Shut-in Member Visits – Small groups occasionally visit loved ones in their homes, wanting to keep them connected through hymn singing and private worship
- Hope Band – Leads music in a variety of worship settings, including services and revivals at churches of different denominations, and other community gatherings such as the Great Day of Thanksgiving at Old Savannah City Mission, HIS Love Ministry Banquet at the Coastal Transition Center, and the Georgia Power Ambassadors.
For more information, please contact Kevin Vogelsang, Director of Music, at 912.355.8527 or at email@example.com.